How popular is WoW: Classic? Progression servers?

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Slashgquit
Server: Ashkandi (Normal)
Level: 12
Race: Tauren
Class: Warrior

How popular is WoW: Classic? Progression servers?

Post by Slashgquit » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:29 pm

How popular do you think WoW: Classic is? I mean, right now it is commanding high numbers, but do you think that will continue to persist after 3 months? 2 years? 4 years?

Also, along the same lines, do you think people will get bored of WoW: Classic? Do you think servers should progress into the burning crusade and beyond? From the development team AMA:
Q: What are the plans after Phase 6? More content for classic or moving to TBC? 216

A: We’ve done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us. Our plan is to identify everything we need to do should we ever decide to go this route. We want to be sensitive to the desires of our players. Some may want BC and some may not. We’ll be following the Classic community closely to help determine what our next steps should be.

Holycow
Scout
Scout
Server: Sulfuras (PvP)
Level: 30
Race: Tauren
Class: Priest

Re: How popular is WoW: Classic? Progression servers?

Post by Holycow » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:45 am

I don't think they should do progression servers... That would defeat the very principle of doing classic in the first place. However, I wouldn't be opposed to them doing some progression servers over time.